New terrain projects

So i have some new terrain projects up and running. First up is the one i've made the most progress on the Hydrostation Powerdam, or the latin equivalent of that phrase.

I have always been inspired by this project on warseer,


and the acid dam from the 6th ed rule book.



The problem with both of those dam incarnations is that they are not modular they are built into the board which is problematic for several reasons. Most which involve playability and inflexibilty. There fore i have begun to attempt my own version of this idea.

 I started out with the idea that it had to span the gap in my table which approximates the hills of the realm of battle table. I wanted it to be wide enough to function as a bridge for a land raider and long enough to span the divide between the two hills.

 Here's what I got so far. its modular its got out flow that can have liquid effect added but its gonna need some more detail. The mesh overlies two pipes that run in the space under the top decking. i just need some suitible damage, a convincing railing  and paint and this thing should be ready to go.


here it is to scale. its nice cause it can act as a LOS blocker and works to break up large swathes of the board very effectively. Its modular so it can go where you need it and its tall, close to 4" in height. should be cool. i already discovered a problem through.. how am i gonna pain the pipes inside?!

Next project will be some more ruins. ive got a couple but want enough to make a few more for the ruined city that the dam is supposed to be powering.


Progress so far is limited but it will pick up when i've got my dam done. There is one more terrain peice that i've got in mind. and its gonna be big. I am going to do my damnedest to reproduce this...

wish me luck.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

new developments

Prelude to Apocalypse on Cypra Mundi

Running a new campaign! Quest for Goliath